John & May Cropley
GDPR Fair Processing Notice
(How we use your personal information)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we
use this. During the course of our activities, We will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice
is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the [Data Protection
Act of 1998] and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25 May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's
Office (ICO) under registration number ICO : 00010206980 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and my privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- when you become a tenant,
request services/repairs, enter in to a tenancy agreement with myself howsoever arising or otherwise provide me with your personal details;
- from your use of our online services, whether to report any tenancy related issues, make a complaint or otherwise;
- from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information).
We collect the following information
- Telephone number;
- email address;
- National Insurance number;
- Next of kin;
We receive the following information from third parties:
- benefits information,
including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit;
- payments made by you to us;
- complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from
- reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information
which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made;
- to analyse and collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to my suppliers which may affect you;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of my operations and business;
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential [and will be processed only by us and any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA]* We may disclose your information to other third
parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- if we enter into a joint venture with or merge with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to my new business
partners or owners;
- if we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- if we am investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, local authority departments, the Scottish
Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- if we am updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and the local authority);
- if we am investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, the local authority and the Department for Work & Pensions;
- if we am conducting a survey of my products and/or services, your information
may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results;
- for the purposes of taxes, your information may be disclosed to HMRC;
Unless required to do so by law, I will not otherwise share, sell
or distribute any of the information you provide to me without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
[Your information will only be stored within the UK and the European Economic Area.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. Information is kept in a place that only we have access.
How long we will
keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about
you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold;
If you would like to exercise any of your rights
above please contact us atemail under ‘Who are we’ section above.
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain
to the ICO in relation to our use of your information. The ICO’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
The accuracy of your information is important to me - please help me keep my records
by informing me of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS